Gas Metrology Group
The Gas Metrology Group establishes and manages measurement standards related to industrial gases (semiconductor, hydrogen, health care, nuclear power etc.), energy gases, toxic gases, forensic gases, greenhouse gases, ambient air/indoor gas pollutants, fine particles, and gas isotope ratios. Additionally, the group develops certified reference materials (CRMs) and provides calibration/testing to disseminate measurement standards to government/research institutions and the industry and provides measurement solutions for domestic and international regulations.
Current R&D Projects
Development of purity analysis methods for high purity semiconductor gases
Development of certified reference materials (CRMs) for industrial gases, energy gases, greenhouse gases, and ambient air/indoor gas pollutants
Development of measurement standards and certified reference materials for gas isotope ratio
Establishment of fine particle measurement standards and development of measuring instruments
Recent R&D Highlights
- Establishment of an analytical facility for the purity analysis of semiconductor gases.
- Development of gas CRMs: HF, mixed greenhouse gases, acetonitrile, Formaldehyde
- Development of automatic weighing system for mini-cylinder
- Supply of gas CRMs: 1.75 billion U.S. dollar
- Testing and calibration services: 1.26 billion U.S. dollar
- International key comparison: HCl, SO2, NH3, DMS, Hs purity, etc
Introducing Teams in a Group
Toxic Industrial Gas Metrology Team
The Toxic Industrial Gas Metrology Team establishes, manages, and disseminates measurement standards for toxic industrial gases, high-purity gases for semiconductors, air pollutants, and fine dust.
Key Research Area
- Development of purity analysis technology for toxic industrial gases and semiconductor gases
- Development of air pollutant and fine particle measurement technology
- Development of certified reference materials and in-suit measurement technology to support the industry
Gas Isotope Metrology Team
The Gas Isotope Metrology Team establishes, manages, and disseminates measurement standards for the absolute isotope ratios of greenhouse gases/inert gases, gases for industrial processes, and greenhouse gases.
Key Research Area
- Development of purity analysis methods and certified reference materials for isotope ratios of greenhouse gases/inert gases
- Development of absolute isotope ratio and atomic weight measurement technology for elements of gas phase molecules
- Development of radioactive carbon isotope measurement technology based on spectroscopy
About Other Groups